• Advance Directive Definitions
• American Bar Association Resolution (106A) about Advance Care Planning
• “Be Prepared”
• Do You Need an Advance Directive?
• Noncompliance with Advance Directives
• Protecting Yourself and Your Family
• Protective Medical Decisions Document
“ARTIFICIAL FEEDING” (See FOOD AND FLUIDS)
ASSISTED SUICIDE & DEATH WITH DIGNITY: Past, Present & Future
ASSISTED SUICIDE: Not for Adults only?
Proposals for permitting euthanasia and assisted suicide for children and teens
ASSISTED SUICIDE – REASONS
ATTEMPTS TO LEGALIZE EUTHANASIA & ASSISTED SUICIDE
• 2015 Doctor-Prescribed Suicide Bills Proposed in U.S.
• 2016 Doctor-Prescribed Suicide Bills Proposed in U.S.
• 2017 Doctor-Prescribed Suicide Bills Proposed in U.S.
• Attempts to Legalize euthanasia & Assisted Suicide in U.S.since 1994
• Deadly Compassion relates the tragic death of Ann Humphry, the co-founder of the Hemlock Society, and the dark side of the euthanasia movement around the world.
• Euthanasia: False Light is a 14-minute award winning video that raises thought provoking questions about euthanasia.
• Forced Exit offers chilling evidence of just how powerful and dangerous the death culture in America has become and offers a clear-eyed, realistic exploration of one of the most important and wrenching ethical issues of our time.
• Power over Pain: How to Get the Pain Control You Need (contact International Task Force for information and availability.)
Documented fact sheet about the problems associated with assisted suicide
DEFINITIONS (re euthanasia, assisted suicide, and end-of-life issues)
DISABILITY PERSPECTIVE (Articles and links related to disability rights)
ENGLAND (See: UNITED KINGDOM)
EUTHANASIA, ASSISTED SUICIDE & HEALTH CARE DECISIONS: PROTECTING YOURSELF & YOUR FAMILY
“EUTHANASIA: FALSE LIGHT” (video)
FEATURED ARTICLES (Previously featured)
FOOD AND FLUIDS
Includes Questions and Answers about “Artificial Feeding” and information about specific cases.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Answers to most common questions
Dying for the Cause: Foundation funding for the “right-to-die” movement (View as PDF)
• “Extreme and Outrageous End-of-Life Communication — Beyond the Bounds of Common Decency”
• “Keeping Patient Alive Can Be ‘Non-Beneficial Treatment'”
• “Supporters of TX “Futile Care” Law Continue to Maintain the Status Quo”
• “Whose Life Is It Anyway?”
Guide to interacting with a person who is semi-conscious or presumed to be in a coma
GONZALES v. OREGON
Facts, overview, amicus curiae briefs.
(Background, goals, activities, and known victims of Jack Kevorkian)
KEY OBJECTIONS TO THE LEGALIZATION OF ASSISTED SUICIDE
(Formulated by DREDF – Disability Rights Education and Defense Fund)
LINKS to Disability Rights, Government, Law, News, Pain Control
Living Will (See: Advance Directives)
- “American Psychiatric Association Position on Medical Euthanasia”
(Psychiatric Times — February 25, 2017)
- N. Gregory Hamilton, M.D. and Catherine A. Hamilton, M.A.
“Competing Paradigms of Response to Assisted Suicide Requests in Oregon”
- Herbert Hendin and Kathleen Foley:
“Physician-Assisted Suicide in Oregon: A Medical Perspective
- Russell Portenoy et al:
“Determinants of the Willingness to Endorse Assisted Suicide”
- Robert Peat (New York Times – December 26, 2012)
“Doctors Warned on ‘Divided Loyalty”
- Prokopetz and Lehmann (NEJM — July 12, 2012)
“Redefining Physicians’ Role in Assisted Dying”
MINORITIES AND THE POOR
Inequity in health care and its implications for assisted suicide.
“Medical misdiagnoses can have fatal consequences”
NEW YORK STATE TASK FORCE REPORT ON EUTHANASIA AND ASSISTED SUICIDE
OBAMACARE (Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act)
PATIENT COMFORT AND CONTROL ACT (Arizona)
PATIENT PROTECTION and AFFORDABLE CARE ACT (Obamacare)
POLST (Also includes POST, MOLST, MOST and similar document information)
Schiavo (See: Food and Fluids)
SCOTLAND (See: UNITED KINGDOM)
Information about suicide and depression
ULTIMATE END-OF-LIFE PLAN
(Wall Street Journal — September 6, 2013)
UNITED STATES SENATE TESTIMONY (5/25/06)
UPDATE (PRC Newsletter)
WORDS USED IN ASSISTED SUICIDE DEBATE
(See Verbal Engineering)
Right-to-die activists declare that “severe and enduring distress” is a justification for assisted suicide and euthanasia